Female problems of the urinary and gynecological systems are often times very complex and intimately related. Therefore, these problems are not adequately addressed independently by a urologist or a gynecologist so patients are “bounced” between two specialists. Our Colorado urogynecology specialists offer expertise in both female urology and gynecology to address all aspects of your problem.
There are many ways to address urogynecological problems – both surgical and non surgical. These issues, such as urinary incontinence, have a tremendous impact on your quality of life and are commonly accepted as a “natural part of growing older”. That is simply not true. Our goal is to do a thorough evaluation of your problem and provide the information for you to have a better understanding of your problem. By working together we will tailor a plan specific to your needs. Your insight allows you to take control of the situation and make informed decisions.
NON SURGICAL OPTIONS
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Incontinence Sling (TVT / “Bladder Tack”)
- Urethral Bulking
- Vaginal Prolapse Repair (abdominal / vaginal approaches)
- Cystocele Repair (Bladder Repair)
- Rectocele Repair (Rectal Repair)
- Enterocele Repair (Bowel hernia at the top of the vagina)
- Vaginal Vault Suspension
- Uterine Suspension
- Endometrial Ablation
- Neuromodulation for overactive bladder and pelvic pain
- Fistula Repair
- Perineoplasty (Perineorrhaphy)
Not all doctors have the same training and experience to address urogynecological problems. When surgery is an option, your best chance for long-term success is with your initial procedure. It is important to seek expert evaluation from the start.